Friday, February 3, 2012

True Beauty

When I think about true beauty I am reminded that God calls us, as women, to refrain from adorning ourselves with fine jewelry and clothes. We are discouraged from wearing things that detract from our true beauty, those things often missed hiding behind the bling.

Basically, we need to care for our bodies in a way that says…I respect my body and so must you. I take care to tend to my appearance so that you know I respect my body. I dress in a way that says, I believe that I am beautiful, because God says I am beautiful.

When we walk around, not put together, a sloppy mess or dressed in a provocative way we pass on a message to the world that reflects our lack of care and respect for our bodies. If we do not care about our bodies, why should anyone else. Why shouldn’t men gawk at us when we walk by? We have given them every reason to look at those things we did not take care to cover up.

I do not want to be misleading. I believe that women are beautiful creations whether they are wearing sweatpants and no make-up or decked out in pearls and an evening gown. It is just my prayer that a woman who takes care to attend to their appearance will do so because of the respect she has for herself, not because she wants attention. I also hope those who do not put effort into their appearance would consider their motives as well. Is it laziness? Is it a poor self-image?

Remember, we are created in the IMAGE of God. Let his love be what people see when they look at look. It will make you RADIANT. It will make you BEAUTIFUL.

No comments:

Post a Comment